Most consultations take place in the mornings and any tests, MRI scans etc.. follow on immediately afterwards. We do endeavour to hospitalise most non-surgical patients for only the day, but we can never guarantee that a patient will be ready to return home in the evening. Reports are sent to you on a regular basis. You are most welcome to phone to either discuss a case or ask for an update on your patient.
Paying for treatment
You may rest assured that hospitalised patients receive both veterinary and nursing care 24 hours a day. Owners of inpatients are kept up to date with their pet’s progress on a daily basis and also kept informed about their account. Owners are most welcome to visit their hospitalised pet.
Although we do prefer that all accounts are settled in full by either credit/debit card or cash at the time of discharge, we do accept insurance claim forms in lieu of payment. If a client wishes to settle their invoice via their insurance company then we require that:
- They inform us of this fact at the time of booking their appointment.
- They bring their policy documents and 2 signed claim forms with them when they attend ChesterGates for their appointment.
- They sign our insurance disclaimer.
- They have submitted to your practice for immediate processing any claims relating to the condition for which their pet has been referred.
- That they pay a one off processing fee of £20.