We are now enrolling students for the March 2017.
Register now to secure a place.
The course to become a veterinary nurse currently requires a minimum of 2 years study on a day release basis while working in a RCVS approved training practice and the qualification is awarded by City and Guilds. Students must attend lectures for 40 weeks per year over the 2 years.
Term starts again for first year student at the end of March 2017
Register now to secure your place.
Application forms may be downloaded from the website.
The training is extensive and a significant portion of the practical work is performed in practice under the supervision of the veterinary surgeons and qualified nurses. Students are expected to complete 3hrs guided learning per week in practice in addition to their training course.
Home study of several hours a week is a necessary part of the course. Continuous assessments will take place at ChesterGates and in practice.
External examinations, both written and practical, are taken at the end of the first and second years. The entry requirements are 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above or 5 Scottish Standards at grades 1 to 3. These must include English, mathematics and a science subject.
Why choose ChesterGates-Myerscough ?
- City and Guilds course approved by the RCVS.
- Run as a satellite of Myerscough College, a leader in veterinary nursing education in the UK
- Course taught by ChesterGates nurses who are working in practice and understand the needs of practice
- Utilises the excellent facilities at ChesterGates Referral Hospital
- Insight into using the RVN qualification to the full
- High quality teaching in small groups offering excellent student support
- High pass rates from the previous students
Who are we?
The course is being delivered by Jackie Evans ACMI, Cert Ed DipAVN(Surgical),RVN, Joanna McEwen Cert Ed, Cert Applied Animal Behaviour RVN, Liz Tweedle RVN.
For further information or an application form, please either phone the Nursing School on 01244-853-823 extension 222 or email on: email@example.com
|| Nursing School application form |
If you are aged between 19yrs - 24yrs you may need to complete and extra form alongside this one, please contact us for more information