ChesterGates Referral Hospital offers a full range of cardiology services.
We are now able to offer invasive cardiology procedures such as cardiac catheterism, balloon dilation procedures and pacemaker implantation to name but a few.
Colleagues are invited to discuss individual cases as required.
Cardiology referrals are welcomed in the following fields:
- Heart murmur
- Exercise intolerance
- Episodic weakness and collapse
A work-up may involve
- Blood pressure assessment
- Colour-flow Doppler echocardiography
- ECG analysis,
- Holter monitoring,
- Digital radiography, fluoroscopy and/or CT.
- Cardiac catheterism
- Selective angiography
- Balloon dilation procedures
- Shunt occlusion (PDA)
- Pacemaker implantation
- Myocardial biopsies
- Drainage of pericardial effusions (sometimes followed by surgical removal of pericardium)
- Drainage of pleural effusions
- Surgical treatment of congenital cardiac defects such as patent ductus arteriosus
- Bronchoscopic investigation of chronic airway disease and chronic cough
- Well equipped ICU for critical patients
- Veterinary surgeons and nurses on the premises 24/7 working to care for our patients