At ChesterGates our patients come first 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The nursing teams play a major role in the care and comfort of our patients. The nurses are always on hand to answer your queries and concerns should your pet be hospitalised at ChesterGates.
Inpatients are given plenty of cuddles as well as medical care. Fresh food is prepared for fussy eaters and it is not unusual to find patients being fed by hand. Those patients who are ambulatory are taken for short walks several times a day. Recumbent patients are given all the support they need to remain comfortable. Patients are given physiotherapy and enrichment exercises as appropriate. The nurses are always happy to speak to concerned owners and give regular updates on hospitalised pets.
Some of hospital facilities at ChesterGates include
- Nursing and veterinary care 24/7
- Dedicated ICU for critical patients
- Specially designed cages in the dog ward to allow for comfort, cleanliness and bathing facilities
- Cosy cat ward with condo style cages and facilities to cook for fussy eaters
- Climate control for added comfort in the wards
- Lift and hoist facilities for recumbent patients
- Enrichment programmes for long term patients to help avoid boredom
- Dedicated kennel staff who go that one step further
- State-of-the art laundry facilities to combat MRSA
- Separate visiting area for owners